What Are Prominent Problems Lactating Mothers Face?
A mother’s milk is nature’s blessing for a child. It lays the biological and emotional foundations for the child as well as the mother especially when it is her first experience with motherhood.
The World Health Organisation considers breastfeeding as the most nutritious source of food that ensures the overall growth and development of a newborn baby.
However, due to various physical and mental complications, lactating mothers can face several issues like low appetite in the baby, increased or decreased milk quantity, mastitis, thrush, and many more that can cause distress in their experience of lactation.
Reasons for problems faced by lactating mothers
There are various reasons for scanty milk production and various other complexities in breastfeeding for new mothers. Some of them are as below:
- Medical history of breast surgery;
- Consumption of medication that hampers breast milk supply;
- Irregular breastfeeding;
- Delay in beginning breastfeeding;
- Premature or preterm baby;
- Lifestyle induced diseases like diabetes, blood pressure, obesity, heart complications, etc.;
- Stress, anxiety, and depression also hamper breast milk production.
In addition to this, there could be several other complications faced by lactating mothers that cause intricacy in producing milk for the newborn baby. There are several Ayurvedic ways through which lactating mothers can boost their lactation.
Ayurvedic remedies for problems faced by lactating mothers
In comparison to a wide range of chemically prepared medicines and supplements available at your nearest supermarket or your local chemist, Ayurvedic solutions are natural, organic, and free from side effects. Here are some of the Ayurvedic solutions for issues faced by lactating mothers:
- Fenugreek – Fenugreek or Methi is one of the oldest medicinal herbs in the world. The special compound called phytoestrogens in Fenugreek assists in boosting the function of mammary glands in the body as well as helping in the secretion of oxytocin hormones that directly impact lactation.
- Suva – Suva is an age-old remedy recommended for good milk production in lactating mothers. It improves the immune system of the mother keeping her protected from infections and toxins.
- Godanti Bhasma – A wide number of lactating mothers lose 3 to 5 percent of their bone mass during lactation. Calcium is essential to providing strength to a mother’s body and Godanti Bhasma aids a lactating mother in restoring the amount of calcium lost in her body due to pregnancy.
- Sunth – Sunth assists in burning metabolism and excess fat that the mother would have gained during pregnancy.
- Jivanti – This ingredient enhances the blood prolactin level and stimulates the cellular division of the mammary gland increasing the milk flow in lactating mothers.
- Shatavari – It is the most prominent ingredient for lactation issues. It has been used for ages to boost milk supply for lactating mothers. The steroidal saponins present in Shatavari support increasing the production of milk for a lactating mother.
Ayurvedic medicines to improve lactation
Various Ayurvedic medicines are available in the market that assists in combating various issues faced by lactating mothers. Some of them are Shatavari and Ashwagandha powders, Shatavari granules, Saubhagya Shunti Paka, and Shatavari Ghritam.
One of the prominent Ayurvedic lactation supplements that increase and improve breast milk supply for a lactating mother is Wellness Mantra’s Ksheervardhini Granules. Nourished with organic Ayurvedic ingredients Ksheervardhini improves immunity, increases the production of milk-producing hormones in the body, and enhances the quality of a mother’s milk.
With the best quality Ayurvedic ingredients, Ksheervardhini is the true Ayurvedic companion of a lactating mother.