In modern-day India, discourses are rapidly changing. Discussions about issues related to our health that were previously not socially accepted now secure q2azxd significant attention in the public sphere. One such issue is menstrual hygiene.
A discussion about menstrual hygiene would have been unimaginable just before a decade, but with changing times and increasing awareness about women’s health it is gaining more prominence. However, despite having a better understanding of menstruation than before, the matter of menstrual health remains unaddressed.
The modern lifestyle combined with higher stress levels and multidimensional responsibilities lead to hormonal disturbances. These hormonal imbalances cause menstrual diseases like ovarian cysts, irregular menstrual cycles, and painful periods.
While the focus is given on menstrual hygiene, a greater focus needs to be given on menstrual health which is the need of the hour for the modern woman.
An Ayurvedic Approach to Menstrual Health
Ayurveda considers menstrual blood or rajah to be a by-product of lymph or rasa dhatu. In a healthy menstrual cycle, the bleeding lasts for 5 days and blood is bright red in colour with no foul odour. The quantity of blood flow is neither too high nor too low.
Signs of imbalance during periods include mood swings, alternative discharges, cravings, pain and heavy bleeding. According to Ayurveda, these imbalances are caused by an excess of any particular Dosha from the three main doshas i.e. Vatta, Pitta, and Kapha. In Western medicine, menstrual cycles are controlled by hormones whereas in Ayurveda dosha influences are at the core of understanding menstruation.
Various factors affect the people of all doshas, such as poor diet, lack of restful sleep, and physical or emotional stress. Tendencies of imbalances also depend on the individual’s doshas. For all form of menstrual imbalances, the following herbs can be very helpful:
- Ashwagandha – Helps counter iron deficiency in the body caused due to blood loss during periods.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera provides hydration and lubrication to the body.
- Amla – Amla helps in flushing our toxins from the body and promotes hormonal balance. It also is helpful against PCOS.
- Turmeric – It helps in detoxification of the reproductive system, improving insulin resistance, and eliminating acne.
- Gokshur – Improves the level of hormones responsible for ovulation and fertility.
- Ashoka – The rich anti-inflammatory properties of Ashoka repair the endometrium and repairs the damage caused to its sensitive lining due to inflammation.
- Shuddha Shilajit – As a well known immunity booster, Shuddha Shilajit helps in the rejuvenation of the female reproductive system.
- Shatavari – Assists in regulating estrogen levels, preventing fertility issues and regulating menstrual cycles.
Mensucare Tablets: Ayurveda’s boon to the 21st-century woman
A large number of over the counter and prescription-based medicines are available that would provide temporary relief in your pain during your menstruation. These medicines cause great side effects and would work on eliminating the symptoms rather than addressing the root cause of the menstrual irregularities.
That is why organically prepared medicines like Wellness Mantra’s Mensucare Tablets correct your hormonal imbalances, regulate the flow of menstrual cycles and treat PCOS/PCOD from the roots to promote higher levels of menstrual health.
Consisting of more than 24 herbs it is Ayurveda’s blessing for the 21st century woman which cures all menstrual health related diseases from the root cause.